Join hosts, The Bainbridge Island Youth Orchestra (BIYO), for a celebration of string musicians, fun and music in our first, String Orchestra Festival to be held May 13, 2017 at Grace Church Bainbridge Island.
The clinician for this year’s event is Bainbridge Island native, Andrew Joslyn. Andrew has worked with many recording artists and is sure to bring a new, fun twist to traditional string orchestra players with specially arranged music for the festival. Andrew’s bio can be found at: andrewjoslynmusic.com. Whether you are an experienced player or an advanced beginner, this event provides an opportunity for string musicians of all ages and backgrounds to perform and learn from one another. Join us and rock the island!
Click Here To Register
Saturday, May 13
- 9–9:30 a.m. — Registration Check-in
- 9:30-9:45 a.m. — Warm Ups for Group A and Group B
- 9:45-10:45 a.m. — Rehearsal and Sectionals
- 10:45-11:00 a.m. — Break
- 11:00-12:00 p.m. — Rehearsal and Sectionals
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. — Lunch (bring bag lunch) and Activities
- 1:00-1:15 p.m. — Warm Ups
- 1:15-2:15 p.m. — Full Orchestra Masterclass with Andrew
- 2:15-2:45 p.m. — Break and Activities
- 2:45-3:45 p.m. — Combined Rehearsal
- 3:45-4:45 p.m. — Break and Activities
- 5:00 p.m. — Concert (free admission) with BIYO Potluck to Follow
What to Bring
Bring a bag lunch, a folding music stand, cello endpin holders and a great attitude! The BIYO will be providing snacks and fun activities throughout the day.
Grace Church, Bainbridge Island, is the beautiful location for our event. Grace Episcopal Church, 8595 East Day Road, Bainbridge Island, Wa. 98110 website: gracehere.org
Have a question about this event? Contact Christine Edwards, at 206.780.5034 or Email email@example.com.